FlowerSchool New York is pleased to announce our first-ever trip to Les Pres d'Eugenie in the South of France for a seven-day/six-night all-inclusive trip from Jume 25th - July 1st unlike any other!
In this seven-day, flower-filled trip, students will learn the true art of living graciously at the iconic, and ultra-relaxing spa, “Les Pres d’Eugenie” in Eugenie Les Bains, France. Participants will not only get to immerse themselves in the beautiful French countryside, but to work with some of the world’s most elite florists under one roof. For this first time event FlowerSchool New York will bring the knowledge, expertise and iconic vision of Shane Connolly, Ariella Chezar and Christian Tortu and Emily Thompson to this idyllic and inspiring setting.
During this most unique trip, students will enjoy:
- Six-Night stay at the five-star resort Les Pres d’Eugenie
- All breakfasts, lunch and dinners including meals prepared by the kitchen of Michel Guerard, famous for his “Cuisine Minceur.”
- Other activities include four exclusive hot spring spa treatments at La Ferme Thermale Spa and daily use of the grounds, pools and tennis courts.
- Cooking Class at the Institute: Michel Guerard is one of the most famous chefs in France. His Michelin rated three-star cuisine attracts food lovers from all over the world. He has also invented a style of cuisine called “cuisine minceur” which is slimming, uniquely healthy and completely delicious based on natural herbs and local products. The author of many cookbooks, he has established a cooking school at his destination hotel that has trained many professional chefs with its stellar reputation. You will be taught to prepare a slimming meal in the style he has made famous by one of his master instructors.
- Morning Master Class with Christian Tortu: Christian Tortu will introduce us to the fields and woods around Eugenie Les Bains. During our walk through the woods we will forage greens to be used in classes that week. Returning to the Institute we will receive the flowers to be used during the week of classes and condition the flowers alongside Chirstian in his own particular style. In the afternoon, Christian will give a workshop in his modern French style with elements of the country garden around us.
- Morning Class with Ariella Chezar: Ariella has inspired thousands of florists with her “ … approach to the art of floral design in a natural, loose and truly beautiful way.” She is known for creating arrangements that are both painterly and natural and that are perfectly in sync with their environment. In the class, learn Ariella's unique approah to flowers and create a beautiful design inspired by the surronding landscpae and beauty.
- Morning Master Class with Shane Connolly: Shane Connolly is one of the leading florists in England. Well-known for having placed living trees in Westminster Abbey for the wedding of Kate Middleton and Prince William in 2011, he has championed the natural look of Constance Spry while emphasizing the use of local materials in his events. The principal florist at the Victoria and Albert Museum in London, Shane has planned large-scale events and weddings in places such as India, Kazakhstan and Ireland. He holds the Royal Appointment Warrant to HRH The Prince of Wales and will teach an exciting class featuring his unique and ionic look.
- Afternoon Master Class with Emily Thompson: Emily is fascinated with the decorative arts and their history while she continues to collaborate with the rough hand of nature. Emily's flowers and banquet decor balance the uncultivated organic world with the delicacy of classical ornamental design. They burst with unconventional materials like wild smilax, peaches, and real butterflies, and always maintain sculptural grace. And, most importantly, they are built in harmony with the space where they are displayed as if they grew there.
- Panel discussion with the four Master Designers, moderated by Margot Shaw of Flower Magazine, on the topic of “Defining Style: Our Commonalities and Our Differences.”
- Dinner Party at the Salon Baroque Room at Les Pres d’Eugenie: After a full day of working on the designs and décor, the group will sit down with their teachers to enjoy the fruits of their labor and celebrate all the delights and memories of this special trip! We anticipate a lively dialogue amongst the participants who come from so many different places, cultures and backgrounds.
To learn more about the FlowerSchool trip to France, including details, pricing and registration, please CLICK HERE for the full Itinerary or call 212-661-8074 with any questions.
FlowerSchool New York is pleased to announce our sixth Annual trip to Holland from April 23rd to April 30th! During this six-day excursion, FlowerSchool will be immersed in the history and beauty of florals with the Amsterdam cityscape as our backdrop.Learn more