The Flower Journey: Holland 2017
FlowerSchool New York is pleased to announce our sixth Annual trip to Holland from April 23rd to April 30th! During this six-day excursion, FlowerSchool will be immersed in the history and beauty of florals with the Amsterdam cityscape as our backdrop. Highlights from this year’s trip will include:
– Tour of Aalsmeer Auction House where over 20 million stems are sold daily to floral wholesalers. This will be an exclusive, behind-the-scenes look at this integral mechanism of the floral industry.
– Floral design workshop at the Historical Garden Aalsmeer with designer Rutger Mulder. Rutger Mulder is a true Dutch floral designer who has mastered the design style of his homeland while also working on some of the most exciting and monumental events throughout the US and Europe.
– Cocktails & hors d’oeuvres cruise along the iconic Amsterdam canals aboard a renovated 19th century wooden salon boat. You haven’t seen Amsterdam until you have floated through the canals sipping champagne and had a taste of the local cuisine on one of these beautiful antique boats!
– Private tour of the newly renovated Rijks Museum. The Rijks is home to many of the world’s most beloved masters including Hals, Rembrandt, Vermeer and van Gogh.
– Floral design workshop with renowned designer Remco Van Vliet. Best known for his tenure at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Remco’s style is influenced by both his upbringing in Holland and current work in New York.
– A visit to the famous Keukenhof tulip fields. The largest bulb flower park in the world, Keukenhof covers 32 acres of land with 4.5 million tulips of 100 different varieties and more than 2,500 trees in 87 varieties.
To learn more about the FlowerSchool trip to Holland, including details, pricing and registration, please CLICK HERE for the full Itinerary or call 212-661-8074 with any questions.